Yoga 4 Peace
Yoga 4 Peace is a non-profit yoga studio.
To share yoga with all, regardless of personal belief, physical ability, or financial limitation.
- Personal Development
- SUPPORTING THE INDIVIDUAL. Through yoga, we assist the individual in connecting with themselves in order to develop self-acceptance, confidence, stability, strength, flexibility, awareness, well-being, and clarity.
- PERSONAL YOGA PRACTICE. We offer a diversity of yoga classes and instructors to support students in developing a personal yoga practice.
- PEACE OF MIND. We encourage peace of mind through relaxation, meditation, and centering techniques.
- VOLUNTEERISM. As a non-profit organization, Yoga 4 Peace relies strongly on our volunteer base. Our dedicated volunteers support the daily operations and continued success of our organization.
- OUTREACH. The Community Yoga Outreach Project (CYOP) provides free yoga classes at various critical locations around the Detroit area. It is our hope to provide under-privileged youth, among other special populations, the skills to cope with stress, learn to take care of themselves, and focus their attention.
- EVENTS. We cultivate community by sponsoring and supporting special events like Yogathon and Yogafest that share the many benefits and styles of yoga with all.
- REGULAR CLASSES AND WORKSHOPS. We offer over 40 classes a week to accommodate different interests, abilities, and schedules.
- RETREATS. We host retreats at various locations throughout the state for individuals interested in immersion in yoga-related subjects.
- TEACHER TRAINING. We offer a 200-hour Teacher Training Program consistent with Yoga Alliance standards for Registered Yoga Teacher (RYT) status. Our program emphasizes safety, ethics, integrity, and knowledge consistent with the roots of hatha yoga, including the 8 Limbs and Yoga Sutras of Patanjali.
13550 Dix Toledo Rd, Southgate, MI 48195
Phone number: 734.282.9642